About 80% of middle-aged people suffer from spinal problems. The most common disease of the spine in medical practice is cervical osteochondrosis.Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is associated with deformation of the spine and intervertebral discs caused by destructive processes in bone and cartilage tissues. The development of the disease is facilitated by physical exertion, or vice versa - muscle overload, frequent habituation of the wrong body position, hypothermia, physical inactivity, posture problems, sleep in an uncomfortable bed and many hereditary factors. The immediate cause of the disease is the increased level of salts in the blood lymph, which, in turn, leads to changes in the amortization of the spine, loss of cartilage elasticity. Cervical spine problems can occur during obesity and metabolic disorders, leading to an imbalance of mineral compounds in bone tissue.
It is best to entrust the diagnosis and treatment of the disease to specialists in the field of medicine, but at the initial stage of the disease manifestation you can try to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home.Manifestation of cervical osteochondrosis
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis most often appear already at the stage when irreversible changes in the structure of the spine occur and the physiological function of the intervertebral discs is lost. The space between them shrinks, the nerve roots and the vertebral artery contract in the cervical spine, sensitivity and characteristic unpleasant symptoms appear.
Signs of the disease to watch out for:
- Pain in the neck, shoulders and forearms, arms.
- states dizziness.
- noise in my head.
- Stupidity in the upper extremities.
- Burning in the middle capsular part of the spine.
- Blood pressure fluctuates.
- Feeling of weakness, increased fatigue.
- Heartbeat anomalies.
- Restricted movement when turning the head, tilting the neck.
- Hearing and vision impairment.
Information on what is cervical osteochondrosis, its symptoms and treatment at home, will help to suspect the existence of this disease at an early stage and take timely independent measures to prevent its further development.
Therapy without leaving home
Osteochondrosis cannot be removed if it is not treated. Moreover, in this case therapeutic measures are aimed not so much at eliminating the clinical signs of the disease as at combating the causes of the disease. Good results can be achieved through an integrated approach to healing, combining the use of medication, physical therapy, massage and alternative therapies.
Folk remedies for cervical osteochondrosis are an addition to the traditional treatment, which significantly alleviates the patient's condition and is welcomed by most doctors.
All of these methods have common goals:
- pain relief and spasm relief;
- Strengthen muscle tissue;
- normalize blood flow to the brain;
- and the main task of folk remedies is to heat the injured area of the body.
At the same time, none of the traditional medicine recipes can handle the accumulation of salt deposits in bone tissue. This should be taken into account to understand that folk remedies are good as prophylactic measures or in combination with medications, but not as independent therapeutic methods.
Healers use many folk recipes to treat cervical osteochondrosis. All of them are based on the use of essential oils, plants, animal fats, roots and poisons. In certain proportions, they are combined with alcohol, vodka or the moon, a mixture of turpentine and iodine, which allows you to get effective analgesics, anti-inflammatory and warming agents, which can be used both externally and internally.
Three groups of cervical osteochondrosis medications can be conditionally distinguished that have been used in folk medicine for centuries - decorations and infusions, powders and compresses. Most popular and available:
- Bay leaf infusionis a proven prophylactic in traditional medicine. It is necessary to pour the main ingredient on the bottom of the bottom and pour cold water twelve grams at a leaf speed of 0, 3 liters of liquid. Boil for five minutes, then cool and simmer for three hours, then drain into a saucepan. Take each meal for four days, then take a one-week break and start over.
- Coniferous broth.Pour two hundred and fifty grams of fresh spruce or pine needles in one liter of water, boil for half an hour. The resulting volume of the broth is sufficient for three days, provided that it is taken twice a day, thirty minutes after eating. The course of treatment is one month.
- Decoction of sunflower roots- a remedy for salts formed in the joints and inert. The main ingredient in this recipe is made in the fall, the plant is collected, washed, dried and ground. One hundred and fifty grams of root mix with 2, 7 liters of water, boil for half an hour. The amount obtained from the broth will be enough for three days of use. You should drink in large sips thirty minutes after eating. The duration of the course is one month.
In a few days it is possible to personally evaluate the effectiveness of the broth - urine shade. If its color has changed to orange, it means that the salt removal process has begun actively. As the course continues, the color of the urine will gradually lighten.
- Rub the red composition twice a day on the painful area to warm it up and improve blood circulation.
- Butter and egg ointment:One hundred milliliters of vegetable oil + one chicken egg + twenty grams of flour + one tablespoon of vinegar essence, mix together and leave for two days on a dark surface, compoteRemoval time. Apply the prepared ointment in the evening in the areas where the manifestation of pain syndrome is observed.
- Ginger ointment:Press one ginger root + three cloves of garlic + thirty grams of butter, add your favorite essential oil for a pleasant aroma and apply on the neck area in the evening to relieve pain.
- Pharmacy:One hundred and fifty milliliters of medical alcohol + five milliliters of iodine + five milliliters of camphor alcohol + five tablets of analgin, mix until smooth, massage the painful areas of the neck, carefully remove the damaged.
- Oil:To compress, soak a cloth in household oil liquid, apply to the affected area and cover with polyethylene for 2-3 hours. The warming effect of the compress will help to quickly eliminate the pain and relieve the spasm.
- Potatoes:Raw potatoes Mix honey in a 1: 1 ratio, put on a cloth and place around the neck. A three-day course is recommended for treatment.
- Sour Cream Comfort:Apply 50 grams of sour cream and comfrey mixture on the cloth and place on the sore area for 40 minutes. The course is 10 days.
- Honey:Mix honey and fine salt 1: 1, put on natural fiber fabric, put on the sore spot of the neck, wrap a scarf. Repeat daily until the patient's condition has calmed down.
- > The principle of action is similar to the treatment with mustard plaster, the sensations are painful and unpleasant. There is a risk of burns.
It should be noted that some of the components used in folk recipes for cervical osteochondrosis should not be combined with medications! There are medications that provoke severe allergies or poisoning. They usually contain poisonous fruits of plants or herbs.
Therefore, if you decide to supplement the traditional treatment with the "grandmother" method, you should inform your doctor about it, to get individual recommendations and to choose safe procedures.
Recovery in gymnastics
Improving Physical Education - Exercises for cervical osteochondrosis will undoubtedly bring benefits in the treatment process. Different devices and simulators can be used to increase the effect of the procedures. Properly selected physical exercises will help the patient to quickly relax or strain from pain, stretch the ligamentous apparatus and relax the cervical muscles. Individual recommendations for exercising during cervical osteochondrosis can be obtained from your doctor, but there are also universal training methods. For example, therapy for cervical osteochondrosis according to Bubnovsky.
Professor Bubnovsky's method is widely used in kinesitherapy for the treatment of many diseases without surgical intervention and medication and gives very impressive results.
To solve problems with the cervical spine, your doctor offers a simple set of exercises 20 times at each point:
- Heads up and down.
- Slowly tilt your head left and right.
- its circular rotation.
- Lower your head to the position where your chin touches your chest.
- Raise your shoulders and position for 10 seconds.
- Sit on the floor with bent knees and touch the forehead, fix the position for 1 minute.
Massage and self-massage
Massage for cervical osteochondrosis as an effective relaxation tool helps to relax muscles, relieve tension and relieve body density.
For quality service you can contact a professional massage therapist, but if you wish you can also learn the secrets of self-massage.
is simple - there is no universal technique, there are only three rules of massage for you:
- Use only your fingers to massage your neck.
- Move from the center to the periphery.
- Move at a smooth pace and soft rhythm.
Of course, osteochondrosis cannot be cured by massage, but if done correctly and regularly, it will help alleviate the symptoms, the patient's well-being and mood.
An alternative method of treating cervical osteochondrosis with folk remedies is the use of applicators. This technique has had many admirers since the eighties of the last century. An applicator is a specially designed device that represents an object with a needle-like surface. The most common applicators among patients with cervical osteochondrosis are Liapko and Kuznetsov.
Kuznetsov development is a plastic product in the form of a carpet with sharp wipes on the surface. Lying on such a device the patient undergoes massage and acupuncture therapy on reflex zones. Lyapko applicator is an improved version in which, in addition to reflex and acupuncture effects, galvanic-electric effect is used due to the metal needles inserted into the tubercles. At home, such therapy allows you to activate blood circulation in the problem area, speed up metabolic processes in the body, increase the elimination of toxins, reduce muscle tone, but this alone is not enough for successful treatment of osteochondrosis.
Treating neck osteochondrosis at home is both simple and very difficult at the same time. On the one hand, all therapies are available to most people and their repetition is relatively easy. On the other hand, they need some time, patience, self-control and regularity of repetition. And no matter what the expectations from alternative therapy, we must remember: If, within a week of starting treatment with home remedies, the symptoms of osteochondrosis do not disappear and the manifestations become less intense, it is necessary to consult a doctor so as not to aggravate your already serious health condition