Most people experience back pain at least once. The pain usually occurs in the lower part of the lower spine. The causes can be both the most common colds and the consequences of severe injuries.
Characteristics of origin
Back pain can be constant or intermittent, acute or chronic. It depends on different circumstances. Common reasons for its appearance:
- Disk rupture;
- Menstrual cramps;
- Kidney stones;
- Impaired posture;
- Spinal cord injury;
- Weight gain.
Symptoms of back pain
Pain varies according to the disease. For example, when a disc is stuck, the pain suddenly or gradually intensifies. It starts from the back and extends to the buttocks and legs. A person needs peace because movement, wheezing, coughing only intensifies the pain. A disease such as appendicitis causes severe pain in the back. If it does not persist, consult a doctor immediately! Symptoms of endometriosis include pain and spasm in the lower back. Usually, before or during the menstrual cycle, the pain increases. Acute pain occurs when the lower spine is stretched, muscle spasms occur with lateral movements. Calmness can make you feel better.
Symptoms that indicate problems:
- Noise in the ears;
- Back pain excruciating, painful, constant;
- Numbness in the limbs;
- Pain when bending the head and turning the body.
The most dangerous symptoms are:
- Urinary incontinence;
- Shortness of breath;
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Increased pain.
Diagnosis of pain
It is sufficient for an experienced physician to examine the spine and hear the patient's complaints for a diagnosis of the disease. But there are situations when these actions are not enough. In these cases, special diagnostic methods are used - X-rays, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging.
The following measures of treatment are carried out after diagnosis:
- Manual therapy;
- Surgical treatment;
- Drug therapy;
- In healing gymnastics;
This will help relieve pain and folk remedies:
- Grind spicy and mix with sour cream. Place the resulting mass on the lower back, cover with a napkin and attach to the top with a woolen scarf or shawl.
- Use St. John's wort, thyme, black elderberry and chamomile. The hot compress of this herb wraps well in the back if it is cold. The procedure is best done at night.
- Burdock leaves have a healing effect. Pre-dry them, then pour boiling water and apply on the sore spot for an hour.
- Horse chestnut is widely used. Thoroughly grind the dried flowers into powder, take cottage cheese and camphor oil, mix the ingredients in equal proportions. Apply the mixture on a piece of brown bread and apply on the sore spot.
- Compresses based on garlic infusion are used. It is mixed with lemon juice. Soak a cotton swab in this mixture and apply on the sore spot for twenty minutes.
The best way to prevent back pain is through a variety of physical exercises. It is also necessary to monitor the correct posture when walking and sitting. Weight gain is contraindicated not only for women but also for men.
If you experience persistent back pain, contact your therapist immediately, who will refer you to a neurologist, orthopedist, surgeon, or nephrologist if necessary.