When diagnosing a doctor - cervical osteochondrosis, the symptoms of treatment are inextricably linked. This is because the disease is considered complex and multifaceted, this or that symptom will tell you not only the stage of the disease, but also specifically what it applies to, which vital areas of the body are affected.
Symptoms of Cervical Spine Osteochondrosis
- When the nerve endings of the spinal column contract, the symptoms take on their characteristic signs. It develops neck, arm and throat pain and this pain can be immediately reflected in other areas, such as the back. Breathing and swallowing may be difficult and the tongue may feel numb or "swollen". Noise is heard in the ears and shooting pain is possible, the vision is "cloudy" and the eyes are "dark". The person begins to feel severe weakness, which affects various organs, possibly a feeling of severe fatigue and apathy, is a desire to lie down and rest. After rest, there is usually no relief.
- The vertebral artery loses the ability to fully feed the brain. This can lead to the appearance of headaches (permanent or intermittent), loss of coordination while walking, dizziness and loss of consciousness. In addition, disorders in the form of confusion, hallucinations and mental disorders are possible. A person may feel well at some point and experience any of these symptoms due to any physical effort.
- In case of circulatory disorders, hypertension, tachycardia and spinal cord stroke occur. Vegetative-vascular dystonia with fixed vessels and arrhythmia will be observed until osteochondrosis is completely cured.
- Intracranial pressure levels rise and symptoms such as headache, weakness and vomiting caused by swelling, dizziness and sharp collapse occur.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
A person who has experienced symptoms of neck osteochondrosis in the form of pain and density of movements can quickly relieve their condition. Painkillers should be taken. Ointments will have an effective effect, they are economical to spend. Dosage and contraindications should be followed when taking painkillers.
After alleviating the patient's condition he should consult a doctor. We must not forget that analgesics can only mask the symptoms, but get rid of the disease. It should be noted that for pain that affects the neck, back, hands and feet, ointments are applied only to the neck. Although the man did not go to the doctor, he did not know the exact diagnosis. And he tries to "cure" everything at once, successfully achieving only an allergic effect.
Treatment is prescribed only after a thorough examination and diagnosis. It aims to improve blood circulation to the affected areas, relieve swelling and tension, and relieve pain. To do this, analgesics are used in the form of ointments or injections (antispasmodics).
Important!It is essential to take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors and B6 and B vitamins.
Vasodilator drugs work in different ways. These are neurotropic drugs that act to reduce nerve impulses and myotropics, acting on muscles. Due to their action, the tone of the walls of blood vessels decreases and their lumen expands, which increases blood circulation to the brain.
Physiotherapy procedures will help relieve pain and ease the patient's condition. Electrophoresis, paraffin and water treatments, magnetotherapy, ultrasound and ultraviolet radiation are successfully used in this disease. Massage (not strong) and refreshing gymnastics (regular) are well proven. Wearing special medical collars will help protect your head and neck.
An alternative and in other cases is the addition of treatment to special gymnastics.
Folk remedies to relieve the disease
- Gentle massage with warm honey. It is necessary to massage very carefully, then wrap the neck and turn it into honey.
- Rub the compounds that heat the painful area. It can be alcohol-based - infusion of pepper, garlic, you can use fresh parts of these plants (also suitable for wells, onions, radishes).
- Warm pine baths. Decoction 0, 5 kg is made. Needles and 2 liters. A water bath is taken in half an hour.
It is necessary to carefully monitor the body's allergic reactions to the ingredients used and remember that these remedies alleviate but do not cure the disease.
A person who has problems with the spine in the cervical spine will have to regularly devote time to this area to start moving fully again and not face this problem in the future.
When talking about the prevention of cervical osteochondrosis, it should be noted:
- The Importance of Diet - Foods should be rich in calcium and magnesium (dairy and fish products, legumes and whole grains) and vitamins.
- The need to devote time to maintain the physical shape of the body (swimming is very useful), then the muscular corset of the neck will be strong enough and will reduce the load on the spine. Eliminate (or reduce) the factors that provoke cervical osteochondrosis in your life. Symptoms and treatment are unpleasant and long, and prevention is quite simple and easy.