Spinal diseases remain unchanged in the list of the most common diseases of the 21st century. The first line, in most cases, belongs to the diagnosis: cervical osteochondrosis - a dangerous disease that requires mandatory intervention of experienced physicians.
The disease does not spare either women or men (clinical cases of cervical osteochondrosis are more common in men than in women, but they are common). In addition, the disease is "rejuvenating" every year, today the signs of cervical osteochondrosis can be observed not only in those who have crossed the age threshold at the age of 40, but also in those who just celebrated their 25th birthday yesterday.What is cervical osteochondrosis, what is the catalyst for the development of this disease, why is there an epidemic called cervical osteochondrosis, what are the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis? For those who are looking for answers to these questions, this article is for you. Times first.
General information about the disease
This disease can be described in one word - dystrophy. This occurs against the background of changes in the chemical composition of bone and cartilage tissue and causes a loss of elasticity and firmness by the elements of the spinal column (discs). Their structure changes, first the outer layer (annulus fibrosus) is destroyed, and then the inner layer (nucleus pulposus). The disc (fibrous cartilage), which has completely lost its properties, can deform, grow into growths (osteophytes) and move.
discs, changing their shape, size and location, stretching nerve roots (they can damage one of the 8 pairs of spinal nerves in this area) or blood vessels (the arteries that are responsible for feeding the brain through this area). . . In both the first and second cases, the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis are clearly felt.
Cervical osteochondrosis is the most common diagnosis that a neurologist or vertebrologist should refer to their patients. Osteochondrosis of the cervix, as the most common reason for visiting a doctor, is the result of two reasons:
- Anatomical features. The insecurity of the upper part of the ridge is associated with the miniatureness and weakness of its connecting elements (spines, discs).
- Serious loads. The neck is responsible for both mobility and simultaneity. This can not provoke the rapid "wear" of weak rings.
So the question is: is cervical osteochondrosis treated? Many are worried.
Causes of the diseaseBefore moving on to the following question: How to cure cervical osteochondrosis, you should understand the causes of its occurrence and try to exclude the factors that may lead to the beginning of its development.
It is not possible to give a complete list of catalysts, but it is possible to highlight the moments that may lead to the fact that the signs of cervical osteochondrosis are not waiting for you.The main causes of osteochondrosis:
- Unhealthy diet (junk food, fast food, lack of diet and a completely balanced diet - this is a way to reduce cartilage and bone tissue that does not get enough micronutrients and vitamins that contribute to its health);
- sedentary lifestyle (another possible option is physical exertion, this leads to stagnation of the ridge elements and provokes an adequate oxygen supply to the tissues);
- genetic predisposition (in this case you can ask parents what to do in case of cervical osteochondrosis, they will tell you how to get rid of cervical osteochondrosis and how the disease manifests itself);
- Delayed injuries (need to get information about what cervical osteochondrosis is, may also occur when the disease develops as a result of dislocation or damage to the intervertebral discs) Diseases of the vascular system, infectious or inflammatory (in the first case, information on the topic: How to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine due to lack of nutrients that promote cartilage tissue, on the other hand, autoimmune and necrotic processes that destroy the joints, joints).
Instability of hormonal background caused by excess weight or stressful situations, as well as improper posture (scoliosis) are two more reasons to read the case materials: Is it possible to cure cervical osteochondrosis?
Signs of disease
Causes of cervical osteochondrosis have been identified. Work on errors is complete. Now the most important thing is not to miss the symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis (in case the risk factors are eliminated too late and the disease is already manifesting itself). The earlier they are diagnosed, the easier and faster the path to recovery will be.
For convenience, it is convenient to divide all the signs of the disease into two groups. This can be done based on one key criterion: Origin.
The first group is a phenomenon, the appearance of which is provoked by the compression of blood vessels (caused by changes in blood vessels). Compressed channels for blood transport, saturated with oxygen and nutrients, can not fully cope with their task, parts of the brain do not receive enough nutrition and lose some of their functional capacity.
The second group is the symptoms, the manifestation of which is associated with stretched nerve endings (caused by neurological changes). In most cases, the vaginal nerve (coordinating the condition of the esophagus, pharynx and larynx), the phrenic nerve (responsible for regulating the heartbeat and respiratory process), as well as the nerve endings that destroy other organs of the internal structure, experience deformation, destruction and dislocation of the discs and vertebrae.
More detailed information on how not to miss the first "calls" of the disease during cervical osteochondrosis and timely use of help that the attending physician can offer you in the table below.
Symptoms of the disease
|Changes in the condition of the vascular system
lack of coordination
loss of concentration
loss of sight and hearing
black dots in front of eyes
|Pain in neck, temples, occiput (persistent, paroxysmal)
Pain radiating to arm, shoulder, neck, chest
Shortness of breath, shortness of breath, choking
Pressure, heartStretching in the head, angina
Unity in the throat, difficulty swallowing, itchy throat, itching
Important! If at least one of the above symptoms appeared in the table above, it is necessary to immediately undergo an examination and begin treatment for cervical osteochondrosis. Any other behavior can lead to more serious consequences that cannot be cured without surgery!
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis sounds like a tough question. The answer to it is unequivocal: with the help of complex therapy prescribed by a competent qualified doctor.
Fighting this disease requires patient discipline and strict adherence to specialist recommendations. In most cases, cervical osteochondrosis can be cured using several methods of traditional and alternative medicine at the same time (only a physician coordinating with a physician can prescribe a special program aimed at effectively treating cervical osteochondrosis).
It usually selects the hardware from the following list:
Physiotherapy is an excellent health therapy tool that can cure cervical osteochondrosis and improve your overall health. It solves several problems at once:
- normalizes blood circulation;
- Accelerates metabolic processes;
- Relieves pain syndrome;
- strengthens the muscle corset;
- opens the spine;
- blames fun and optimism.
There are a number of rules that explain how to prevent cervical osteochondrosis by charging properly without worsening the situation. They read:
- A set of exercises should be selected by a specialist who has an idea of the general clinical picture (age, chronic diseases and characteristics of the patient);
- Any discomfort during lessons should be a reason for refusing to exercise (at least before consulting a doctor), as well as a period of disease exacerbation;
- Very active sudden movements are completely out of the question, you have to do it carefully without acceleration;
- Exercises should be done regularly (exercise can not solve the problem from time to time).
Massage (Manual Therapy)
Is it possible to cure cervical osteochondrosis in another way? Quite all that is needed to activate the regenerative properties of the body, to alleviate spasms, to relieve nerve roots, to stretch the arteries and to reduce the symptoms are the excellent hands of an excellent masseur or guide.
The general guidelines are:
- The procedure should be performed by a specialist with relevant education and experience;
- Impact time on the problem area - no more than 35 minutes;
- Duration of one course (without delay) - no more than 12 sessions;
- Any changes in the patient's condition should be made known to the attending physician.
Important! Massage or visit the therapist's office during osteochondrosis - the manual with contraindications is strictly prohibited!
This field of clinical medicine has found its own answer to the question: How to get rid of osteochondrosis? It offers the healing properties of a variety of phenomena, including:
- high frequency sound waves (ultrasound);
- mechanical vibration (vibration);
- electric currents of different intensities (electrophoresis, UHF);
- ultraviolet radiation (quartz);
- Other physiotherapy techniques.
These procedures help to initiate positive dynamics. They normalize blood circulation, relieve inflammation, relieve pain, facilitate the process of taking medications, and reduce the time required for their absorption by tissues.
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis that continues to progress despite all attempts to stop this process? Only with the help of drugs created to eliminate the causes of this phenomenon.
All medications used in the integrated approach are divided into several groups depending on the action. The table below will help you clarify the situation.
|Analgesics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Elimination of inflammatory process
|Relieve muscle spasm
|Activate tissue regeneration function,
restore the structure of discs, spine, joints
|Vitamins and Minerals
Stimulation of metabolic processes, activation of the body's protective properties, improved microcirculation, strengthening of the immune system, zzbrdxz
The specialist decides on the treatment of neck osteochondrosis. It can complement therapy with a group of vasodilators (to relieve vasospasm), antidepressants (to relieve nervous tension), and more. , Depending on the overall clinical picture of the disease.In summary, we can unequivocally answer the main question: Is osteochondrosis treated? Yes, but only under the strict supervision of a competent doctor and with the great desire of the patient himself!